Journalist

18 years working as journalist and editor for the main Guatemalan newspapers and several local magazines. My fields: art, culture and history.

FB / TW / Agenda / Linkedin
braliem9jousc@gmail.com

Friday, 9 December 2016

A ticket bus to Dublin


When you write for living, being journalist, the last thing you want to do after work is keep writing once you got home… that´s the reason I avoided use a computer in my journey and also explains why I don’t post so often in this blog. Add, dear reader, that I need to switch my mind from Spanish to English to satisfy my inner editor voice and proof writer side.

But I have a memory to share today.

I needed going to Dublin Airport from Galway’s Bus Station to solve a problem with my return ticket flight that I couldn’t change online. One day before traveling to the East, for logistic reason, I thought will be easier to get my ticket bus. I bought one in the ticket vending machines inside the bus station. When I finally got one in my hand I realised I didn’t choose the right day. I think it was Monday or Tuesday and I had planned my trip for Wednesday.

Immediately I bought other, with the right day, obviously. But, what would I do with the wrong ticket?


I remember I waited 15 or 20 minutes there, looking all the people getting out from the buses walking with their suitcases and backpacks. Some of them were hurry, others seem no worried about time or even life. My plan was giving the ticket to “someone who needs it”.

Suddenly I saw a young guy; well he was almost a teenager. He came out from the bus, and once inside of the station watched the departures board, check out the time in his clock and started thinking in the middle of the crowd, with a concerned face.

-Hiya, I said him after one minute and added: “I made a mistake buying this ticket to Dublin; it’s for the next bus, in maybe 10 or 15 minutes. Do you want it? Are you thinking going to Dublin?”.

He smiled, took the ticket and said “thanks, I must to go now”.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment