Journalist

18 years working as journalist and editor for the main Guatemalan newspapers and several local magazines. My fields: art, culture and history.

FB / TW / Agenda / Linkedin
braliem9jousc@gmail.com

Saturday, 28 May 2016

It was a long flight

Photograph Cyril Byrne, taken from The Irish Times

Vacations. I’m here for vacations”, I said to the officer at the airport. “You came from a far place!” told me surprised, before stamp my passport.

He was right.

I flew almost 12 hours from Guatemala City to Dublin. It was a long flight: three airports and an entire life yearning to visit Ireland.  

The original plan was to stay in the country only for three weeks, on that moment I didn’t have idea that my journey would be extended for six months.

A completely different person is writing these lines than ever could imagine the guy who left the airport that Thursday. I can’t forget the date I arrived: September 17 of 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment